Recommended Year Group: Year 9
Recommended Group Size: 70 Max (mixture of parents and students)
Duration: 4 Hours
Location: On Campus
- To give parents and students an overview of the different aspects of Higher Education.
- To provide a knowledge base about the various progression routes to Higher Education.
- To take part in an interactive and informative day using student ambassadors as ‘real life’ case studies for parents & students to ask questions of.
Parents / Students will :
- Gain an insight into life as a HE student.
- Be better informed about student finance.
- Have looked around the main facilities on campus.
- Student ambassadors - one per 7-8 attendees.
- Human bingo sheets.
- Word cards.
- Flipchart paper, coloured pens, craft resources.
- Play Your Cash Right (PYCR) game (see separate activity notes)
- Shopping List game.
- Although this day is held on campus, we emphasise that it is not an open day for this particular university.
- The presentation content relating to student finance will need to be kept updated as will the figures used in the shopping list game and PYCR.