Recommended Year Group: Year 12 & 13
Recommended Group Size: Year group
Duration: 55 Minutes
Location: Classroom or Hall
To inform students about the procedure for applying to university including preparation, details of the UCAS system and deadlines for applications.
Students will :
- Be familiar with the process for making university applications through UCAS.
- Understand how to calculate UCAS tariff points and the importance of checking the entry requirements for the courses they are considering applying to.
- Know what an Admissions Tutor does and the importance of getting their applications in as early as possible especially if the course to which they are applying is very competitive.
- Know what they should do regarding their application if they are planning on taking a gap year before university.
- Understand the importance of attending university open days if at all possible.
- Have a list of questions they need to ask themselves and further research they need do.
- Be aware of some of the websites they might use to start this research.
- PowerPoint (with explanatory notes)
- Pens and paper